Re: drivel 2.0.3-4: Please translate the package drivel

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:04:00 +0100
Daniel Nylander <po@danielnylander.se> wrote:

> ons 2009-03-11 klockan 21:17 +0000 skrev Neil Williams:
> > Dear Debian I18N people,
> >
> > I would like to know if some of you would be interested in translating
> > drivel.
>
> > language        translated     fuzzy     untranslated
>
> >   sv               301           2             1
>
> I thought that drivel was translated and supervised by the GNOME
> Translation Project? According to GNOME SVN trunk, Swedish is 100%.
>
> $ intltool-update sv
> ................................. done.
> 305 translated messages.

GNOME SVN is a touchy issue right now for drivel. (Unreasonable
restrictions on new accounts - basically only for people who are 100%
committed to GNOME upstream without any other work which counts
against me because the only GNOME thing I'm working on is drivel and
that isn't exactly a massive commitment.)

None of the translations appear to have been touched in years so it's
not as if GNOME SVN is a good place for drivel right now, IMHO.

Did you look at the unreleased upstream version 2.1.1?

I'm wondering if 2.0.3 was released without intltool-update being run
because a lot of translations were in that situation.

$ apt-get source drivel
$ cd drivel-2.0.3/po/
$ intltool-update -r

Suddenly, a host of translations that appear complete come up as
incomplete.

I've just taken over maintenance of drivel and this is one of my
routine tasks. I was surprised that it gave a negative result this
time but it's better updated than ignored.

--

Neil Williams