Re: How use Launchpad translations for translate debian-installer upstreams?

On Wed, Jan 07, 2009 at 10:16:11AM +0100, Marcos Alvarez Costales wrote:
> I undertand it, but convert the .po LP -> .po Upstream is a hard job.

Really? Normally one can just uses msgmerge for this and I have seen no
reasons in this thread why it should fail. I'm sure Christian or someone
else could support you and even commit for you initially if you want, just
make your translation available as PO file.

> Well, I created a little python program for search translated from
> one .po to import to the .po.
> With it, I have automatic task of import all translated strings from LP.
> Maybe can be usefull for others people.

I'm not sure about the status of translated strings changed by you. If I
remember correctly translations coming from web frameworks are often said
to be of much poorer quality. But at least untranslated strings in Debians
repository can be synced with your translations.

Jens