Re: (forw) Re: Launching a NMU campaign for pending l10n bugs

On 16/09/2006, at 8:53 PM, Thomas Huriaux wrote:

Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> (16/09/2006):

On 16/09/2006, at 7:47 PM, Christian Perrier wrote (in part):

If a DD wants to NMU a package, he should pick one at the top of the
ranking, then check _every_ bug filled against the package and sort
out
those which are po-debconf related and those which are not.

Christian, can we translators help with identifying the po-debconf
bug reports, by including "po-debconf" in the email subject line?

I currently just use "INTL:VI" for my subject, as I'm not sure what
else to put.

We should indeed standardize the subject line. If you have a look at the script creating the pages, I've indeed a special check for you assuming
that all bugs entitled "INTL:vi" are po-debconf-related :-)

I didn't realize that. :)  Thankyou.

That may not work, as I do already maintain a few program files. I've noticed that a lot of the debconf update mails also allow us to send the updated translation by reply, too. Hmm...

Could we, for example, use (where XX is the language code):

INTL:XX D-I
INTL:XX debconf
INTL:XX package_name

for translation submissions for the installer, debconf files and
program files?

And is it useful to mark which are first-time translations and which
are updates?

With the French translation team, we are using the following pattern:
  <package>: [INTL:fr] French debconf templates translation
  <package>: [INTL:fr] French debconf templates translation update
  <package>: [INTL:fr] French program translation
  <package>: [INTL:fr] French program translation update

If you have a sorted list (at least differenciating po-debconf and
program bugs, to check if it's an update being easy), we could retitled
your bugs according to this pattern (or another one if somebody
disagrees with the one we use).

If the French pattern above works OK (I've been wary of adding anything to the subject line, in case I broke something in the filters), I'll just substitute vi for fr and Vietnamese for French. ;) (I've just created the email templates, so I'll use that pattern from now on.)

How about D-I files? Some I can commit, but others I still need to submit by email.

Thanks for the tip. :)