Re: X-free libraries

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 06:18:59PM +1200, Philip Charles wrote:
> The question is, do you want the older version of XFree now, or to wait
> until the missing libraries are available?

How about this:

1. Somebody figures out how to install the current X .debs from
ftp.gnuab.org and posts a HOWTO including any work-arounds such as
manually installing packages or putting them on hold.

2. Depending on the date of your next K revision, we either try to build
current X .debs somehow (seems people are actually able to build them in
general, it's just a matter of building the right source package and
uploading it) or we try to hack around the problem for the current
packages (either the 4.1 ones from unstable or the 4.3 ones from
ftp.gnuab.org)

On the latter: Perhaps somebody could research whether we could upload a
hacked xlibs package which has a higher version number than the one in
unstable and which depends on the right packages. That might be very
gross though, and we definetely don't want to introduce epochs I think.

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Debian Developer