Re: CD install instructions

>>>>> "Marcus" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
Russell> What is the proper way to "patch" the current debian source
Russell> hurd package with the random.tar.gz stuff and rebuild a .deb?
Russell> I did an apt-get source hurd, but I am not sure what to do
Russell> next.

Marcus> apt-get source extracts the Hurd source, and it should now be
Marcus> in a dir called hurd-2002MMDD, with some real date obviously.

Marcus> Then just treat it like a normal CVS check out.

This may become moot very soon, but in case it might prove to have
some utility, here's what I have done:

  # apt-get source hurd
  # cd hurd-20020523
  # tar xzvf ../random.tar.gz
  # chown -R root.root random
  # rm random/random
  # debuild

Then I discovered that apparently gcc-3.1 doesn't like the #pragma
weak stuff in libthread/lockfile.c and pfinet/stubs.c, so I checked
the cvs logs and found the patches substituting ``__attribute__
((alias ...''  stuff.  I have applied those two patches and retried
debuild.  The last time I got to someplace in libtrivfs where a mig
failure occurs (this is retyped from the console, so please forgive
any typos):

  [...]
  mig -cc cat - /dev/null -subrprefix __ -prefix trivfs_ \
      -sheader io_S.h -server ioServer.c \
      -user /dev/null -header /dev/null < io.sdefsi
  /usr/bin/mig: line 136: 29744 Done                    $cpp $cppflags "$file"
       29745 Killed                  | $migcom $migflags
  make[2]: *** [ioServer.c] Error 137
  rm io.sdefsi
  makd[2]: Leaving directory `/home/russell/src_archive/hurd-20020523/build/libtrivfs'
  make[1]: *** [libtrivfs] Error 2
  make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/russell/src_archive/hurd-20020523/build'
  make: *** [stamp-build] Error 2
  debuild: fatal error at line 456:
  dkpg-buildpackage failed!

Hints?

--
Russell Senior         ``The two chiefs turned to each other.
seniorr@aracnet.com      Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible