Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 09:55:31PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2002, Jeroen Dekkers wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 02:51:02PM +0200, Nils Rennebarth wrote:
> > > A few weeks ago I uploaded new packes to ftp-master, i.e. horde2, turba and
> > > imp3. They were accepted into the archive but tagged as new. They still do
> > > not show up although the confirmation message I got say the override file
> > > will be edited about once a week.
> > >
> > > Are the long delays due to the upcoming woody release? I mean these are not
> > > exactly new packages, they are named differently to be able to work side by
> > > side to the older versions.
>
> <plonk>

Debian cabal philosophy: Ignore the problems, treat the people talking
about those problems as a fool.

> Do you not know what is currently happening in Debian?

Well, the GNU/Linux part of Debian is in some kind of freeze. I have
no idea what actually is happening, because the cabals don't want
transparency. If they did, you could criticize them. Of course that
should not happen, then would not look like God anymore.

> hurd does not exist alone in the universe, it exists alongside debian.

Thanks for clarifying what I mean. It exists alongside Debian, not in
Debian. The Hurd is never considered part of Debian by the cabals.

> But, I shouldn't say more, as it may clue you in on what I am talking about
> here.  You should find out for yourself.

Of course, if you would say more I could critize more and that would
taint your God image. Instead you just ignore every problem and treat
me as a fool so it looks I'm just talking nonsense. You doing
something? That would be impossible, God doesn't make mistakes!

I already have found out for myself. I don't want to be part of Debian
anymore, I rather go to a place without dictators who think they are
God.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org  IRC ID: jeroen@openprojects