Re: where do NEW packages go?

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 10:59:01PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Sat, 18 May 2002, [iso-8859-1] Wolfgang Jährling wrote:
>
> > True. But for most people in Debian, the Hurd doesn't exist at all and
> > they "don't feel like caring about the Hurd". That is not only my
> > subjective impression, but also what Debian developers said in the past
> > (and some did behave accordingly). I would love to see the Hurd people
> > and Debian people cooperate, but like Jeroen (and others as well), I
> > have given up any hope and don't think that Debian will ever change in
> > the necessary ways, as we were even told by people that they are
> > unwilling to understand the Hurd-related issues.
>
> One has to prove they can follow the current standard, before attempting to
> change.

Could you please give me the standard describing how to port Debian to
another operating system? I couldn't find it, but of course I'm just a
random fool and you're God, so you can probably give me the url.

> And, hurd has not even done that.

Done what? Being compatible with Linux? That won't happen.

> Once we see that they can fit in with the rest of Debian, then hurd will be
> given the credence it desires.  Until then, most requests will fall on deaf
> ears.

I doubt the Hurd can fit i with the rest of Debian. We need a lot of
changes for that, especially in the attitude of the cabals, I don't
think that will ever happen.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber ID: jdekkers@jabber.org  IRC ID: jeroen@openprojects