Re: H2 disks, simple dselect problem

On Mon, 13 May 2002, John Smith wrote:

> After several years delay, I have ventured into Hurd country.
>
> Starting with the H2 disks images, I have
>   --  cross installed a hurd using a baseHurd.tgz
>   --  set up Grub, and rebooted into the Hurd
>   --  run initial-install, rebooted, and run initial-install again
>   --  copied the hurd-H2-CD1.iso into a hard disk partition, and mounted it
>       with a
>         settrans /cdrom /hurd/isofs -r /dev/hd0s3

With the new build of the Hurd I cannot say if the packages on H2 can be
upgraded.

At the moment I am waring five different hats and they are starting to
fall off.  I need a thirty hour working day at the moment.  The J1 images
are very much on my agenda.  Later this week D.V.  BTW The Hurd
boot-floppies have fallen over in a pile of rubble, I don't know why :-<

Phil.

     I sell GNU/Linux & GNU/Hurd CDs.   See http://www.copyleft.co.nz