Re: patches for openssh

--- Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2001 at 07:08:13PM -0700, James Morrison wrote:
> >  Also to get the Slang frontend for debconf to work, i've had to
> > add a link from libslang.so.1 to libslang.so
>
> Which package contains the program/library which contains the
> dependency on
> libslang.so ?  This needs to be recompiled.

 It debconf, I traced it as far as perl couldn't load the slang
library
then added the link and it worked.

> >  I also can't compile parted because the current hurd package
> > doesn't seem to link libstore to libshouldbeinlibc.
>
> Neal will take care of parted, I think.

 This isn't actually a parted problem, it's a  problem with the hurd
since
nothing can be linked against libstore without being linked against
libshouldbeinlibc.  Or We could say this is a autoconf bug and
autoconf
should check if linking libstore doesn't work then try linking to
both
libstore and libshouldbeinlibc and see if that works.  The later is
probably
a better solution.

> >  This one will go on bug-hurd if no one tells me it's my fault
> but
> > bits/sockaddr.h defines _HAVE_SA_LEN but when I try to compile
> > zmail, sa->sa_len is undefined. sa is a sockaddr struct.
>
> Have you included <sys/socket.h> ?  We definitely have the sa_len
> field.
> (Look in bits/sockaddr.h, it defines sa_prefix##len, and
> bits/socket.h has:
>
>  __SOCKADDR_COMMON (sa_); /* Common data: address family and
> length.
>
> Marcus

Humm, <sys/socket.h> is included as well as <net/if.h> but it still
says
sa->sa_len is undefined.  <sys/socket.h> doesn't include
<bits/sockaddr.h>
I tried including that, still no change.  This problem is occuring in
zmailer-2.99.51.52pre3-2.1/lib/selfaddrs.c

=====
James Morrison
   University of Waterloo
   Computer Science - Digital Hardware