Re: PPP works! (sorta)

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 10:35:35AM +0200, Neal H Walfield wrote:
> > Only problem is that it hangs a lot, especially when doing a
> > large transfer.
>
> I saw the exact same behavior over the serial line.  I few the problem
> is that ppp pushes select harder than any other application in the Hurd.
> Which is to say: this is now a Hurd problem and not a ppp problem.  I
> found that hitting enter on the ppp command prompt sometimes woke the
> program up.

I do hope you have a later pfinet than this:

2001-06-08  Marcus Brinkmann  <marcus@gnu.org>

        * timer-emul.c (add_timer): Don't add jiffies to EXPIRES, it is
        the responsibility of the caller to do this.

Well, as Neal had to patch pfinet anyway, I assume you do.  But this is the
first thing to check, as the symptom sounds exactly the same.

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de