Symlink to homes

Hi,

I have my linux partion mounted on /linux. I have a symlink in the root on
the hurd partion to ./linux/home called home. When I log in as myself I get
an error saying:
shell-init: could not get current directory
Going echo 'pwd' gives:
pwd: could not get current directory: Permission denied.
I can however go:
cd /home/jhunt/ and then everything works fine.

Replacing the symlink to home with a directory and an and an empty home
directory eliminates the error. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jonny

--
Jonathan Hunt (The Real Jonathan Hunt) <jhuntnz@users.sf.net>
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."