Re: Shared library naming and dashes

Hi,

> There's been some discussion at the #gnome-debian channel about
> package naming for some shared libraries. Specifically, people
> were discussing if libgnome-keyring, which has the following
> library should be named: /usr/lib/libgnome-keyring.so.0.0.0.
> The package was named libgnome-keyring-0, afaik.

AFAICT, I've summed up in 'Naming library packages' in libpkg-guide,
and created a little shell script 'd-shlibs' which contains
a shell snippet to generate a package name from shared library name.

The logic used in the shell script is really simple;
remove the .so., and add a '-' if it's ambiguous.

regards,
	junichi