Re: gnome-randr-applet as part of gnome ? (Was Re: Update to X 4.3)

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 09:38:47AM +0000, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 22:59, Sven Luther wrote:
> > I wonder if it would be nice, now that XFree86 4.3.0 is in testing, to
> > have the gnome-randr-applet package i maintain be part of on of the
> > gnome meta packages or whatever, or also incorporate it in the gnome
> > subversion repo ?
>
> As GNOME provides an interface to XRandR (Desktop Prefs->Screen Res) I'd
> be against adding it to the meta-gnome depends.  However, putting it in
> the GNOME SVN repo is a great idea.

Well, having it on the gnome toolbar is nice, and i wasn't aware of the
above method. But try it out, you will probably like and use it yourself.

Anyway, it is a little, mostly just works package, doesn't cost anything
to add it, not in the core gnome package, but in the a bit larger one.

Friendly,

Sven Luther