gnome 2.6 packaging strategy

Ok. I'm all ready to go on gnome 2.6 packaging. I feel its best if I
start off now using the gargnome garballs for upstream, does everyone
agree with this? In terms of subversion managemnt, should i branch the
whole packages directory, or shoudl i branch each project sepaeratley?
I'm a little confused besause we don't seem to use a standard subversion
directory layout (/usr/share/doc/svn-buildpackage/HOWTO.[html|pdf]). Of
course, due to the wonders of subversion, changing the directory layout
is pain-free (Hurrah! Die CVS!... *ahem*). The qustion is, how shoudl we
arrange it? Should we use a (usual kind of) structure like:

packages/
  trunk/
  branches/2.4/
  tags/

where trunk corresponds to gnome-mainline (i.e. 2.6) or would something
like

gnome-2.6/
  packages/
  tools/

gnome-2.4/
  packages/
  tools/

suit us better? (howeevr this doent make clear which are branches or are
mainline)

Thanks

Rob Taylor