Re: gnome 2.6 packaging strategy

"Rob Taylor" <robtaylor@fastmail.fm> writes:

> Ok. I'm all ready to go on gnome 2.6 packaging. I feel its best if I
> start off now using the gargnome garballs for upstream, does everyone
> agree with this?

Why using gargnome archives ? We are starting with atk/glib/gtk/pango
official releases, Akira Tagoh is packaging the new glib and will
probably upload it to experimental today, the rest of the depends will
come after

> In terms of subversion managemnt, should i branch the
> whole packages directory, or shoudl i branch each project sepaeratley?

We have discuted about this on IRC yesterday, you can join the
#gnome-debian chan on irc.gnome.org ... there is a lot of people here
but it's usefull to discut about the G2.6 packaging.

> packages/
>   trunk/
>   branches/2.4/
>   tags/

Yes, we are going in this way (basically "mv packages trunk" and create a
branches/2.4/ and move 2.4 version here when a package is updated to 2.6).

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher