Re: Help for mipsel building environment

On Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:58:19 +0200
marc zonzon <marc.zonzon@gmail.com> wrote:

> Then I tried to pdebuild-cross nano, the script ran without error, and
> produced ...

It does seem that pdebuild-cross is not able to get the
--architecture field understood by pdebuild.

This is shown by replicating the same command:

pdebuild --architecture armel
--configfile /etc/pdebuild-cross/pdebuild-cross.rc

which also fails.

That's a bug in pdebuild. --architecture is not working. Even
specifying the options to pbuilder directory no longer work.

sudo pbuilder build ../build-area/dpkg_1.15.5.6em1.dsc --debbuildopts
"-aarmel" --configfile /etc/pdebuild-cross/pdebuild-cross.rc

It appears that ~/.pbuilder.rc is interfering and that the DEBBUILDOPTS
need to be specified there because options in that file on my systems
get passed when command line ones do not.

I'm experimenting but you can try adding DEBBUILDOPTS="-amipsel" to
either ~/.pbuilderrc or /etc/pdebuild-cross/pbuilderrc

OK, setting DEBBUILDOPTS in ~/.pbuilderrc works...

Setting DEBBUILDOPTS in /etc/pdebuild-cross/pbuilderrc also works.

So, again, one more change in your config.

CROSSARCH=mipsel
DEBBUILDOPTS="-amipsel"
MULTISTRAPFILE=/usr/share/multistrap/mipsel.conf

> PS: I will report the doc wishes, once I have better understood the
> process, some rough edges (like the update problem) appears only when
> practicing.

OK.

http://e-mail.is-not-s.ms/