Re: Alix thin client doesn't boot with Lenny

[Oded Naveh]
> The kernel options for thin-clients are set in a configuration file
> located under the '/var/lib/tftpboot/' subtree, the exact
> subdirectory to look in is set as a DHCP option stored in LDAP, and
> I'm not sure which is right in our Lenny default setting.

For lenny, these files specify the kernel arguments used for LTSP
boot:

  /var/lib/tftpboot/debian-edu/ltsp-diskless.cfg

    Diskless workstation boot on the main network (10.0.2.0/23).  Only
    present on the main server for combined
    main-server+thin-client-server installations.

  /var/lib/tftpboot/debian-edu/ltsp-thin.cfg

    Thin client boot on the main network.  Only present on the main
    server for combined main-server+thin-client-server installations.

  /var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default

    Thin client boot on the thin client network (192.168.0.0/24).
    This is present on all thin-client-server installations.

Happy hacking,