Re: Alix thin client doesn't boot with Lenny

On Friday 19 February 2010 00:40:42 Giacomo Trovato wrote:
> I have found on internet that this is a problem related with USB and
> that it's possible to solve it inserting the line "usb-handoff" on
> Grub menu.lst (see
> http://cjf.se/wiki/index.php/Linux:_solutions_to_errors#i8042.c:_Can.27t_re
>ad_CTR_while_initializing_i8042). But how it's possible to make this change
> on thin client image?

The kernel options for thin-clients are set in a configuration file located
under the '/var/lib/tftpboot/' subtree, the exact subdirectory to look in is
set as a DHCP option stored in LDAP, and I'm not sure which is right in our
Lenny default setting.

Perhaps the easiest way to find out is to look at the messages when booting
the thin client, the 'Scroll Lock' may be helpfull.
Try to stop as soon as the PXE kicks-in, the messages of interest are
the 'TFTP prefix...' and the 'Trying to load...' that will indicate the right
file for you.

My best bet is: '/var/lib/tftpboot/ltsp/i386/pxelinux.cfg/default'.

Odd.