Debian for rural Peru - (was re: From Puno - Peru)

Hello
This is a common use scenario all over Peru, where we have thousands
of computer labs currently using legacy proprietary sometimes pirated
software.

It may be in the interest of many people to prepare a kit-like
solution, with a pure blend debian in spanish, that includes the Sugar
learning environment.

Our grassroots group, FuenteLibre, also in Peru, is tackling this
task, and will be coordinating efforts in this direction with
everybody who is interested.

Currently I'm focusing in preparing a Debian Live image in spanish
that includes sugar, for release. Then a pure blend for both
workstation and server will be prepared, along with best practices and
training materials (all free as in speech).

I will really appreciate the assistance of the list for this, as we'd
all like to learn from the debian-edu experience.

Best Regards,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Silva