Re: Debian for rural Peru - (was re: From Puno - Peru)

El dom, 04-01-2009 a las 08:28 -0300, Sebastian Silva escribió:
> Hello
> This is a common use scenario all over Peru, where we have thousands
> of computer labs currently using legacy proprietary sometimes pirated
> software.
>
> It may be in the interest of many people to prepare a kit-like
> solution, with a pure blend debian in spanish, that includes the Sugar
> learning environment.
>
> Our grassroots group, FuenteLibre, also in Peru, is tackling this
> task, and will be coordinating efforts in this direction with
> everybody who is interested.
>
> Currently I'm focusing in preparing a Debian Live image in spanish
> that includes sugar, for release. Then a pure blend for both
> workstation and server will be prepared, along with best practices and
> training materials (all free as in speech).

> I will really appreciate the assistance of the list for this, as we'd
> all like to learn from the debian-edu experience.

Hi Sebastian, currently Debian-Edu dvd for the lenny release is a pure
blend for both  workstation and server, and has a sugar profile that's
not finished nor enough tested. Maybe it'd be easier for you to take
this as a starting point, as it has a several years background of
knowledge, test and experience.
Also, I'm very interested in all the best practices and training
materials you're preparing. Being in Peru I guess they're in spanish, so
we could share work and materials (I'm working in Extremadura, Spain)

Best regards.

José L.