Re: Archiving Abraham's website (Was Re: Fwd: The Debian Project mourns the loss of Abraham Raji)

reply at bottom..

On 06/10/23 15:26, Nilesh Patra wrote:
Hello,

On Fri, Oct 06, 2023 at 09:18:53AM +0200, sahil@sahilister.in wrote:
Hi,
On Friday, October 06, 2023 12:12 IST, Abhijith PA <abhijith@debian.org> wrote:
  I was about to suggest that we should archive Abraham's website
https://abrahamraji.in including his blogs, wiki and keep
somewhere in https://debian.org.in/. There are lot of testimonies
about how his packaging how-to wiki helped many newcomers.

But it seems archive.org already have many latest snapshots of his
website.

Yet keeping a copy at https://debian.org.in is not that hard.
Had this discussion with few of Abraham's friends as well earlier regarding this. I plan to keep the domain and wiki around while keeping links intact. Would probably add line on about page though. Code is avail at https://gitlab.com/avron/avron.gitlab.io and https://gitlab.com/avron/wiki
I'd like to help keep his domain and wiki alive as well. Let me know if I can help in any capacity.

Having another archive under debian.org.in seems a good idea.
+1

Best,
Nilesh
The domain is expiring on Jul 30, 2024. We should try to contact Gandi and ask them to provide access for renewals or to sponsor the domain to be kept alive. Not sure where the hosting is, but probably is at his gitlab.com account https://gitlab.com/avron/avron.gitlab.io, so that will not be an issue.

- R