Re: debiandoc-sgml language status

Thanks for your reply, Osamu. :)

On 03/05/2008, at 8:22 PM, Osamu Aoki wrote:

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 12:09:39AM +0930, Clytie Siddall wrote:
Hi again :)

As you can see, I'm trying to catch up with debian-doc and make sure my
doc translations are up-to-date.

I noted a previous post which said debiandoc-sgml supports Vietnamese. I
am unsure if this translation is complete, or if it has been recently
reviewed.

Do you need CVS commit right?  Have you looked at CVS?

I have looked at the Web CVS, but can't find the translated files.

I doubt if I will need commit rights, as this is not a file that changes often. Is that right?

Since I got only vi_VN.UTF-8 and I did not know what old-style encoding
to use for Vietnamese, I did not create other encoding.

UTF-8 is exactly right for us. Legacy encodings are not necessary, and only create problems.

http://alioth.debian.org/projects/debiandoc-sgml/

Where do I find the translated files? I want to review the translation. Our technical vocabulary has developed and changed in the past few years.

What do I need to do to check this, and complete/review the translation
if necessary?

Thanks for any help you can offer with this. :)

I guess only active documents needs to be translated.  As for Debian
Reference, I am in process of rewriting it.

As you can see by my other posts, I'm trying to get an overall picture of the documents needing translation. So I expect we will talk again. :)

As long as debiandoc-sgml is being used, I want to make sure the translation is up-to-date.

Thankyou for your help. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n