Re: Debian Project History updated

Josip Rodin wrote:

> > > What you did probably already exists in debian-history package, Bdale's fork
> > > of original project-history which is the official version now...
> >
> > I don't want to depress you but I have installed that packge yesterday
> > and took a look at it 20sec ago, I have to tell you that it looks as
> > damn old and unmaintained like the version in CVS except that it now
> > holds 'Copyright 1999 Bdale Garbee'.
> >
> > I'll see what else has changed and merge useful paragraphs into
> > the CVS version, I guess.
>
> Oh, crap. Bdale told me it had many improvements from the one in CVS. :|

Yes, crap!  The changes mostly consisted of nitpicks, changed wordings,
removed spaces, expanded sentences and a few additions.  These really
should have been committed to the CVS tree.  He included the Debian
Manifesto from Ian Murdock as appendix.  In general that document was
at least as outdated as the CVS version, I've taken over maintainership
by now.

I have incorporated all changes and also included the Manifesto as a
chapter of its own and committed it back to the CVS.  I've also changed
the author to 'Debian Documentation Team' and set me as maintainer, since
it's not a single person author of it, change it if you have a better
idea.  In a couple of hours you should be able to view it on the web.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The good thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from.
	-- Andrew S. Tanenbaum