Re: Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

Pirate Praveen dijo [Tue, Jun 07, 2016 at 11:22:11PM +0530]:
> Does gitolite allow merge requests? How easy it is for a new contributor
> to use gitolite? I think the merge request workflow is really the key.

Gitolite is a very lightweight way to manage access to a set of Git
repositories to several users, identified by their public SSH key. It
is a decently elegant solution to host Git repositories where you
don't want to set up system accounts; easy to set up by non-root users
even on shared server settings. But it's quite far from what Gitlab or
Alioth offer — It is not a full project tracking/management system.