Next steps for gitlab.debian (Re: GitLab B.V. to host free-software GitLab for Debian project)

[copying dsa]

On Thursday 11 February 2016 05:47 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU)
wrote:

> thank you very much for all your efforts!
>
> now i only need a migration plan :-)

With gitlab 8.8.2 in the archive, I think we are ready to get it running
for debian. We have been running git.fosscommunity.in using the debian
package and most of the functionality is working (importing repository
from gitlab.com still needs fixing).

I have backported gitlab to jessie and offer this via my personal repo
mahishasura.pxq.in I was planning to upload it to jessie-backports, but
since supporting it for the whole jessie cycle will be very difficult. I
will provide updates via this repo till stretch release.

My plan,

- setup gitlab.debian.net on jessie with my personal repo added.
  - how do I add a machine?
  - Do we have a preferred hosting provider?
- move to gitlab.debian.org after stretch release.