Re: Innovation in Debian

Ahoy,

I am not active in Debian development much but I do observe it closely and must
say that Debian needs innovation a lot - not for purpose to innovate but there are
so much talented people with great ideas that just need to *explode*. For me, unstable
or experimental should be *just do it* and develop it so Debian gains momentum (or
some other nice solution to gain that).

DD's should encourage among themselves this kind thing and to pass it on others in
Debian project (contributors of any kind - code developers, translators, artist etc.). It
would be good to quickly create some base (innovation is quick) like some website
with database so everyone could be pointed at and to announce it on Bits, News and
every Linux related website/blog such as Distrowatch, Phoronix (we may or may not
like those but they have fair audience), LWN, Linux Foundation etc.

Btw, maybe we should call/encourage some (for now) non-Debian developers to attend
DebConf and Debian IRC channels more frequently? I know we are welcoming but we
**suck** at exposing our project to worldwide community because its really hard for
average developer to even find about Debian Project on itself (or am I mistaking :p ).

Cheers,

zlatan