Re: Really, about udev, not init sytsems

On 11/25/2012 12:15 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> They're constantly claiming, for example, that udev and systemd break
> a separate /usr partition which is simply not true.
I believe you've been reading too much L. Poettring. Yes, lots of
udev stuff are moving to /usr, and this is a fact. Yes, lots of
things are annoying in the merge for someone who wishes to use
udev alone, and not systemd. That is a fact as well.

It would help the discussion if there was nobody always claiming
the opposite.

On 11/25/2012 12:15 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
> If both Ubuntu and Gentoo would just go with the rest of the community
> and accept systemd
Yeah, right! Along the line with "why are these idiots so vocal". That is
in fact one of the main concern about udev/systemd people: they don't
care about others, refuse patches, and always claim others are stupid.
You shouldn't go through this dangerous path as well, IMO.

Thomas