Re: Gentoo guys starting a fork of udev

On 11/15/2012 10:07 AM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 01:11:32AM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> [...]
>> So systems which put additional logic in PID 1 are going to increase
>> the probability of bugs being present, and those bugs could kill
>> your system.
> [...]
>
> This is also true for the kernel, which is why we generally prefer
> to use Hurd... or not.
>
> Ben.

The fact we aren't using Hurd has *nothing* to do with
the fact it is a micro kernel, and you know it.

If Hurd has the same level of hardware support as
Linux, as many contributors, and as many features,
then probably, it would also have as many users.

Mixing the discussion around feature and engineer
design does *not* work, even in the case of kernels.

Thomas