Re: Gentoo guys starting a fork of udev

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 09:49:07PM +0800, Patrick Lauer wrote:
> But anyway, we're getting tired of their ADHD-driven changes just to
> change things

TBH, I'm getting tired of people who are constantly shooting against
them because these people are unwilling to accept changes. We're not
bringing Linux forward if we stick to 30-year-old concepts. systemd is a good
design and most people actually agree otherwise it wouldn't become
standard on so many distributions (except Ubuntu, but that's rather a
political decision IMHO).

One of the Arch developers actually made a couple of good points why
they switched to systemd as default [1].

Cheers,

Adrian