Re: A concrete proposal for rolling implementation

Hi Teodor/Bruce,

On Mon, May 09, 2011 at 11:36:04AM -0600, Bruce Sass wrote:
> On May 9, 2011 08:48:25 am Teodor MICU wrote:
> > To conclude, "unstable-next" suite (or some other name [2]) is a
> > requirement for "rolling" [3].
>
> ...unless the nature of experimental is changed, and its current function
> replaced with PPA's?

DEP-10 is focused entirely on how we can avoid and/or circumvent the
freeze process (for things not concerning the next stable release),
which is helpful by itself but also a key part of a working rolling
release, I'd say.

I'm trying to cover most of the ideas discussed in the previous mega-thread
for how this could be done, including both of the "unstable-updates" and
the "PPA's" approach, and maybe a couple more.  I'm still putting meat
onto the document but in the next couple days I'll bring it back on list
for a more thorough discussion.  So please keep any ideas you have about
either of these approaches readily available :)

	sean