Re: A concrete proposal for rolling implementation

>   What to do during freezes
>   -------------------------
> I’m not sure we really need to do something different in times of
> freeze. Our time would be better spent by reducing the freeze time and
> making it more predictable; squeeze has been an awesome step in this
> direction.
>
> If we want to do something different though, there is a simple recipe:
> allow packages to be picked up from unstable, but also from
> experimental. Again, no disruption: people can keep on breaking some
> pieces of experimental, but if they want some other pieces to be useful
> for rolling users, they just need to be committed to more carefulness
> and to add them to the override file.

I also find this a very good implementation, although I would like a 'true'
rolling release, without any freezes at all. I'm not sure how much extra work it
implies or how much sense it would make to have an exact clone of testing just
without the freezes.

--

Best regards,
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,