Re: piuparts-MBF: overwriting other packages files

On Fri, Aug 07 2009, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Freitag, 7. August 2009, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>>         While it is good to discover these bugs, is puiparts the correct
>>  place to do this check? Won't puiparts only report on packages
>>  installed on the machine on which the test is run, and thus miss any
>>  conflicts on packages not currently installed?

> The piuparts tests on piuparts.d.o are run in clean chroots.
> http://piuparts.debian.org has more info on the setup.

        So am I correct in my assumption that only file conflicts with
 packages installed on the once-clean chroot would be detected by the
 test? Or am I missing something?

> Yes, the results of that are available at
> http://edos.debian.net/missing-conflicts/ ;-)

        Oh, cool, all of these are already reported as bug. Thanks for
 the work, whoever is to blame.

        manoj
--
All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.