Re: Forcing version on dependency, how?

Hi

2009/3/15 Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>

Everybody has stuff to learn but your mail made it clear that you had a
lot to learn yet about libraries and automatic dependencies:

Thanks for letting me know. It would have been even better if you had provided an answer that actually help resolving my problem.

Luckily someone did, and recommended the use of pbuilder to build the packages so it doesn't rely on packages I installed locally.

- it's not ${misc:Depends} but ${shlibs:Depends}

I know it is. However, my packages are made using original ubuntu packages as a basis.

It is in those packages that they are using misc:Depends instead. Like the mythtv packages:
Example in debian/control

Package: mythtv-common
Architecture: allPre-Depends: pwgen
Depends: adduser, mysql-client, ttf-freefont, ${misc:Depends}
Suggests: mythtv-doc (= ${source:Version})

Which is why I copied this into my original mail.

The packaging manual is an entry point, it doesn't contain all the infos
that one should know.

Could you recommend a manual that do contain the required information?

Thank you
Jean-Yves