Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

Le vendredi 27 février 2009 à 10:57 +0000, Benjamin M. A'Lee a écrit :
> > http://www.gesetze-im-internet.de/urhg/index.html
> >
> > There are rights that _cannot_ be given away.
>
> Which of these rights do you consider is being infringed?

He’s talking about moral rights, which exist in several Europe
countries. They include:
      * the right to get the work back and ask everyone using it to stop
        doing so, with the condition to indemnify them for the losses
        (in France, this right does not apply to software, and IIRC this
        is the same in Germany);
      * the right to oppose a modification of the work - for Software,
        this does only apply to modifications affecting the honor or
        reputation of the author.

This is the latter right that Jörg Schilling is trying to apply. But for
that he needs to show how the modifications affect his honor or
reputation.

So far, the only things affecting JS’s honor and reputation are the
emails he sent, so I think we’re pretty safe on this topic.

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :