Re: Upcoming Section changes in the archive

On 11673 March 1977, Frans Pop wrote:

>> localisations            Language packs
> I'd prefer "localization".

> - We use en_US in general -> "ize"

Well, I dont really care. Fine, adjusted.

> - Having the section name plural seems inconsistent with other
> sections.

Dito.

>> video
> [...]
>>                 dvd*
> I wonder if packages like dvd+rw-tools*, dvdisaster or dvdrtools really
> belong in this category. Not all that's DVD is video related.
> For example, dvd+rw-tools contains growisofs, which is used to create
> Debian CDs...

Yeah. This will need close(r) inspection when moving packages.

>> httpd
> Add boa.

Done

>> vcs
> What about packages like libcvs-perl or libgit-ruby? Do they stay with the
> language or move to this new category?

Language.

I intended to add some "section order" to the mail too, but then dropped
this for now. But will come back with that. Basically meaning that, if
your package would fit multiple sections, the higher one would
win. Something like "[language specific section] >> interpreters" and
similar.

--
bye, Joerg
<Md> Sesse: I doubt that many people will switch network