Re: Upcoming Section changes in the archive

Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> We plan on changing the current sections in the archive. With the rapid
> growth of archive, many of them have become too big to be useful
> anymore.

Great.

> The new sections are:
[...]
> localisations            Language packs

I'd prefer "localization".

- We use en_US in general -> "ize"
- Having the section name plural seems inconsistent with other sections.

> video
[...]
>                 dvd*

I wonder if packages like dvd+rw-tools*, dvdisaster or dvdrtools really
belong in this category. Not all that's DVD is video related.
For example, dvd+rw-tools contains growisofs, which is used to create
Debian CDs...

> httpd

Add boa.

> vcs

What about packages like libcvs-perl or libgit-ruby? Do they stay with the
language or move to this new category?

Cheers,
FJP