Re: Upcoming Section changes in the archive

On 11673 March 1977, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> * Joerg Jaspert [Thu, 26 Feb 2009 21:07:35 +0100]:
>
>> database
>>                 libmysql*
>>                 libdb4*
> I'm not sure these (and possibly *some* of the other lib* packages
> included in the listing) should be moved out of Section: libs. I can see
> how having a database section to browse can be useful, but I don't think
> support libraries have a place there, since they're something that's
> going to be installed because of dependencies, and not intentionally.

> Thoughts?

Hrmyes. This is a preliminary list of matches only anyway, not the final
holy grail, so we will adjust it wherever neccessary before finally
doing the work. :)

For libmysql* and libdb4* I agree insofar as that are really packages no
user (usually) installs by hand, but gets pulled in as a
dependency. Removed from list.

--
bye, Joerg
<vorlon> since anyone who can get along with elmo must *surely* be part of