Re: Transition: krb5 to drop Kerberos IV (libkrb53 restructuring)

OK, so I think we're all set.

The plan now is  to

1) Build twice, once into build and once into build-krb4.  We only
pull libkrb4.so out of build-krb4.  2) Move all the libraries out of
libkrb53 and libkadm55 (sorry, in my previous mails I was simplifying
a bit) except for libkrb4.so.2.

3) Make libkrb53 depend on all the libraries it now contains and libkadm55 depend on the libraries it contains.

4) Set up symbols and shlibs files to point everyone at libkrb53 and
   libkadm55 as appropriate.

--------------------

At some point after the new krb5 enters testing:

5) Point symbols  files at libkrb5-3 and friends--point them at the
   package that contains the library.

When the first release of krb5 1.7 enters debian (probably beta1):

6) Drop libkrb53 (and thus the libkrb4.so.2), libkadm55 from the
   package.  If the old krb4 library fails to work against the new
   libkrb5-3 in 1.7, add a conflicts line.  Otherwise leave the
   conflicts line off for now.

At some point later, add a conflicts line if we did not do so in step 6.