migration and installation 50 THOUSAND machines

Hello,
As PART of a study about using Debian GNU / Linux for a massive deployment from 5 thousand
up to 50 thousand machines (desktops AND servers) geographically distributed across a country,
I searched for some installation, configuration and config management tools for this task size [0], [1], [2].
Please, verify if a relevant tool is missing or if there are errors and or omissions.
I found the Alexander Zangerl texts [3] as a good starting point for a broader text.
They are the most aligned with the study objectives that I was able to find.
Do you have some ideas?
Some information about why Debian is suitable for this task?
What tools are suitable for some of the remaining tasks: managing systems, user
accounts, monitoring such big deployment?
Do you have some url more suitable for reading?
The similar sized and profile Debian deployment I can remember is Munich [4], [5].
Regards.
Andre Felipe Machado

[0]
http://www.techforce.com.br/index.php/news/linux_blog/massive_installation_management_tools_p_1