Re: Testing parallel builds

Hi

Dne Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:33:12 +0200
Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@debian.org> napsal(a):

>   That said, I believe most of the packages I package are autoconf/cmake
> based or are small enough so that a parallel build is useless, so I
> probably wont be annoyed here.

BTW: When mentioning CMake, are there any known problems with parallel
build with it? I just randomly tried it last week and it seemed to be
broken at least in some cases.

This is yet another problem: you can not properly detect whether
packages works correctly with parallel build at one run. You can not
guarantee it even after many runs. You just notice it when sometimes
randomly it fails when complaining about missing files.