Re: Using standardized SI prefixes

Darren Salt <linux@youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk> writes:

> If I need to disambiguate, I'll say either "real kilobyte" or
> something like "marketroids' kilobyte". And as for the next step up,
> well, "gigabytes" is a given, and it's tempting to say "giblets"...

That's assuming that everyone you converse with is aware of the
particular definition you carry for those terms.

Alternatively, you could use terms already well-defined and
standardised.

--
 \        "None can love freedom heartily, but good men; the rest love |
  `\                        not freedom, but license."  -- John Milton |