Re: APT 0.7 for sid

Hi,

> I quickly tested the experimental apt, and it looks broken here.
>
> 1. Japanese translated description file is currently provided in
>    EUC-JP codeset.
>
> 2. when I do apt-cache show in ja_JP.EUC-JP locale, 'apt-cache show'
>    stops halfway (probably when the iconv fails in UTF8ToCodeset
>    called from debRecordParser::LongDesc.)

I might not have been clear on the wording.  To fix this situation,
ftp://ftp.jp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/Translation-ja.bz2
needs to be encoded in UTF-8 instead of EUC-JP.  (and I am wondering
why this file is dated back to May 2006).

Now, the question is; who to ask?

regards,
	junichi
--