Re: synchronizing README.Debian with wiki.debian.org

Hi,

> > I had an idea and still pondering on it.  I wanted to do automatic
> > two-way synchronization with README.Debian and wiki.debian.org
>
> Excuse me - which existing wiki pages are synchronized with
> README.Debian?

I don't really know of any, so if anyone is actually doing it already,
I'd like to know.

I know of few existing cases that have similar effect:

[package->web]

1. /usr/share/doc/XXX/*.html included in packages end up on web
   servers (people can google around and arrive at them).

[web->package]

2. upstream FAQ page is updated through 'wget' into the package source
   from time-to-time.

My personal impression is that although we have this system of
maintaining 'README.Debian', it's often outdated on most packages.  It
might help if users have direct (although maintainers should really
check the contents) influence on its contents.

regards,
	junichi
--
dancer@{debian.org,netfort.gr.jp}   Debian Project