Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:40:07 +0100, cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:

> Just an ack, would alleviate frustration on the users' part enourmously. I'm
> thinking of something like the following:
>
>   I've seen your bug report, at first glance fixing it seems to have lower
>   priority then A, B, and C on my TODO-list. So please be patient, I will
>   get around to it eventually. If you want to help speed things up by
>   helping with bug triage or patches that would be both welcome and very
>   much apreciated.

I think that even:

  Thanks for your bug report! At first glance, fixing it seems to have
  lower priority than other things on my TODO-list, so your patience is
  much appreciated.

or:

  Thanks for your bug report! At first glance, fixing it seems to have
  lower priority than other things on my TODO-list, so your patience is
  much appreciated. For ideas on how to speed things along, please see
  http://foo/.

would be great.

Reid