Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Feb 26, Ben Finney <bignose+hates-spam@benfinney.id.au> wrote:

> "You and others" cannot substitute for a response *from the package
> maintainer* acknowledging (or otherwise) the bug report. That's the
> criterion being discussed here: not a resolution for the reported bug,
> but rather a first response from the package maintainer to the bug
> report, to acknowledge that it has not been ignored.
If a maintainer keeps doing uploads we can be almost sure that he is not
"ignoring" bugs too.
Providing an useful answer to a bug requires proper bug triage, which
requires time.
If this is trivial for you then feel free to help with the udev bugs
(it's even easier than the usual package: they are usually bogus and
you can just close them).

--
ciao,
Marco