Re: Where did Bacula 1.38.11-7+b1 come from?

On 22-Feb-07, 11:00 (CST), Sune Vuorela <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
> > (This problem was reported in bug #411652)
> >
> > I think someone deserves a serious thwacking...
>
> Maybe the maintainer for making non-binNMU-safe packages ?

That is so much bullshit. Whoever uploaded the binNMU uploaded broken
packages. No excuses. End of story.

Now, it may be that the bacula package could be improved to generate
better results for a binNMU. The proper way to do that is to submit
bugs, preferably with patches, so that the bacula maintainer can fix
the source packages. Broken uploads are Not The Right Thing.

Steve

--
Steve Greenland
    world.       -- seen on the net