Re: Where did Bacula 1.38.11-7+b1 come from?

On 2007-02-22, John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
> Strangely, packages.debian.org's page for bacula-console shows
> 1.38.11-7+b1 on all platforms except kfreebsd-i386.  It doesn't make
> sense why the package would be bin NMU'd everywhere.

maybe problems with one of the dependencies made a rebuild needed ?
(IIRC some packages depending on mysql built against some specific
versions needed  to be rebuilt)

> The changelog message also doesn't reference any bug number.
> I can't find a notice of the NMU in the BTS either.

That's how binNMUs are - just a simple rebuild on one or more archs.

> Does anybody know what is going on here?

Your package is not binNMU-safe.

> (This problem was reported in bug #411652)
>
> I think someone deserves a serious thwacking...

Maybe the maintainer for making non-binNMU-safe packages ?

> they obviously didn't
> even try to install the result of the NMU, filed no bug about it, etc.

it is only a rebuild - there is nothing to file about it.

/Sune