Re: greylisting on debian.org?

Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:

> I have refused greylisting for a long time for that exact reason.
> However the setup Pierre Habouzit describes does not delay most of
> legitimate mail. Frankly, the remaining delays are sporadic and one can
> live with them.

What bothers me is that we hear "it never delays legitimate mail!" and
then "well, ok, it delays some".

If the anti-spam advocates consistently said "our measures impose
such-and-such a cost, but we think it's worth it", I would be
delighted.

But what I seem to hear is not that.  It's "hey, this imposes no
costs!" or "spam is evil, so any cost is worth bearing to fight it!"

Thomas