Re: greylisting on debian.org?

Le lundi 17 juillet 2006 à 22:29 +0200, Lionel Elie Mamane a écrit :
> On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 08:36:31AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Quoting Wolfgang Lonien (wolfgang@lonien.de):
>
> >> Do we use greylisting on the @debian.org domain and especially on
> >> @lists.debian.org?
>
> > So, up to now, we've found Thomas Bushnell who seems really hardly
> > voting against greylisting on Debian hosts, (...).
>
> > So far and unless I forget someone, I haven't seen much other people
> > being strongly opposed to greylisting on Debian hosts,
>
> Here is one: I am strongly opposed to greylisting (on mail sent to me
> or that I send), for the reason that it delays legitimate mail.

I have refused greylisting for a long time for that exact reason.
However the setup Pierre Habouzit describes does not delay most of
legitimate mail. Frankly, the remaining delays are sporadic and one can
live with them.

I'm applying greylisting if one of these conditions is met:
      * the incoming IP is listed in a DUL;
      * Exim sender/callout fails with a fatal error.
This setup has considerably reduced both the load and the amount of spam
on the server. However I still have to deal with @debian.org spam with a
less and less efficient (and more and more cpu consuming) bayesian
filter, as it cannot be filtered out this way.