Re: greylisting on debian.org?

Le mardi 18 juillet 2006 à 12:22 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG a écrit :
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I have refused greylisting for a long time for that exact reason.
> > However the setup Pierre Habouzit describes does not delay most of
> > legitimate mail. Frankly, the remaining delays are sporadic and one can
> > live with them.
>
> What bothers me is that we hear "it never delays legitimate mail!" and

Who said that?

> then "well, ok, it delays some".
>
> If the anti-spam advocates consistently said "our measures impose
> such-and-such a cost, but we think it's worth it", I would be
> delighted.

This is exactly what I'm saying. There is a cost, but it is small
compared to the benefit.

> But what I seem to hear is not that.  It's "hey, this imposes no
> costs!"

Who said that?

>  or "spam is evil, so any cost is worth bearing to fight it!"

Who said that?

And by the way, have you talked about the cost of all this spam going
through? I'm currently still receiving between 100 and 200 spams per day
on my @debian.org, and this has a *huge* cost.